Here are the Top 10 Super foods for Hair and Skin, that need to be in your shopping basket this week.
(Image: Blueberries, with granola and vanilla yogurt)
2. Wild salmon (not farm-raised) is one of the best food sources for omega-3 fatty acids, which helps keep your skin supple and moisturised. Salmon also has selenium, a mineral that protects the skin from sun exposure. The vitamin D in salmon keeps your bones and teeth strong and healthy, too. You won’t have a problem adding salmon to your diet since there are hundreds of ways to enjoy this beauty super food. Try it grilled, baked, in your pasta, with a salad, in sushi, or just with a side of asparagus.
(Image: Baked Salmon with new potatoes & Green beans)
3. Spinach. This leafy green vegetable is rich in nutrients and antioxidants. Spinach is loaded with lutein, which keeps your eyes healthy and sparkling. Spinach is also a good source of vitamins B, C, and E, potassium, calcium, iron, magnesium, and omega-3 fatty acids. Trade your lettuce for spinach, or saute spinach for a quick, healthy side.
(Image: Penne Pasta, with spinach & chicken)
4. Oysters. They are a good source of zinc, which aids in skin cell renewal and repair. Zinc also keeps your nails, hair, and eyes healthy.
(Image: Oysters Platter)
5. Tomatoes. Tomatoes are the best source of the anti-ageing antioxidant lycopene. Surprisingly, lycopene in tomatoes is more easily absorbed by your body when it is cooked or processed, so make sure to stock up on canned tomato sauce, tomato juice, and ketchup.
(Image: Tomato & Mozzarella salad, with added olives and lettuce)
6. Walnuts. You don’t need to eat cupfuls of walnuts to enjoy their many benefits: smoother skin, healthy hair, brighter eyes, and strong bones. Get your daily dose of nutrients like omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin E by eating a handful by themselves or throwing some in your salad, pasta, or dessert.
(Image: Vanilla ice cream with a side of walnuts, Great for cheat day)
7. Kiwis. This small, brown, fuzzy fruit is loaded with vitamin C and antioxidants, which keep skin firm, help prevent wrinkles, and are great for healthy bones and teeth. The antioxidants in kiwis also protect you from cancer and heart disease.
(Image: Kiwi & pomegranate fruit salad)
8. Dark Chocolate. We won’t judge you if you keep a secret stash of chocolate in your purse or desk (or both). In fact, we recommend you do — especially if you’re willing to share. Dark chocolate helps skin stay hydrated and protects skin from sun damage, and contrary to popular belief, chocolate does not cause acne. Before you make a mad dash to Godiva or Ghirardelli, however, keep in mind that the best kind of chocolate has a high flavanol content and should be at least 60 percent cacao.
(Image: Few bars of dark chocolate with a side of berries)
9. Yogurt. One cup of low-fat yogurt has more calcium than a cup of fat-free milk, which is great for your posture, nails, and teeth. Mix it with fruit or granola for a healthy breakfast or that essential mid afternoon snack.
( Low fat natural yogurt topped with some berries)
10. Sweet Potatoes. You should be eating this superfood more often than just at Thanksgiving. Sweet potatoes are packed with beta-carotene, an antioxidant that fights ageing. Hate them mashed? Try them cut up and roasted with herbs or onions for an easy, awesome side.
(Image: Sweet Potato Wedges)
Please feel free to ask any questions and we will strive to get back to you as soon as possible.
Alternatively feel free to pop in to one of our branches for a one of a kind beauty and spa experience. We look forward to seeing you!
Prity's exclusive, high-end beauty treatments use all of her own recipes and her new line of exclusive products which she has recently developed using natural Ayurvedic techniques.
With anti-inflammatory and anti-irritant properties, these soothing botanical formulas helps increase water content in the skin and enhances skin cell renewal in order to give it a fuller and healthier look.